<% Else %>
Your personal firewall software may explicitly erased "http_referer"
information from your browser. This small piece of information is used
for security reasons only and we do not store this information on our
web server, our database server, nor your browser (as cookies).
You will be able to view the content on our forums but you will not
be able to post messages without "http_referer". The following
personal firewall applications are known to cause this problem:
Norton Internet Security 2002:
- Personal Firewall
- Advanced Options
- Browsing Privacy
- Click on the Permit tab from the drop down box on the Browser (User
Zone Alarm Pro Edition (under Privacy Sections):
- Mobile Code Control > Off
- Ad blocking > Off
- Cookie Control > Off
It is also possible to set our forum's URL as a trusted
site on some firewall software so that the software's
settings will not conflict with our forums. For more information on
firewall configuration, please consult the manual accompanied with the
firewall software for detailed configuration instructions.
You should look for the following specific sections in the firewall's
help file should you need to tweak your firewall settings:
- Ad-blocking, as we use pop-up windows for various
page functionalities. You should set the block level to "low"
or turn it off completely while browsing our forums. Some firewall
software can't differentiate an Ad from legitimate page functionalities.
- User Agent settings, as we need to identify whether
you are accessing our forums from the designated URL (specified by
forum admin). In our case, the designated URL would be: <%= forumdir %>
in case you are unsure of the safety issues involved.
- Trusted Site/Zone, as you can set our forum's URL
as a trusted URL in your firewall to prevent all the problems without
having to switch off the above features in your firewall.
must be enabled.
Netscape Communicator 4+:
- Select "Edit" from the browser Menu bar
- Select "Preferences"
- Double click on "Advanced"
- Verify that "Accept only cookies that get sent back to the
originating server" is selected
- Select the "OK" button
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4+:
- Select "View" from the browser Menu bar
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select "Security" tab
- Select "Custom (for expert users)" security level and
select the "Settings" button
- Locate "Scripting" and verify that "Active Scripting"
- Locate "Cookies" and verify that "Allow per-session
cookies (not stored)" is enabled
- Select the "OK" button on the "Security" window
- Select the "OK" button on the "Internet Options"
the forum again.